National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases 7th Edition 2018
National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases 7th Edition 2018 The twenty-seventh edition of Jawetz, Melnick, & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology remains true to the goals of the first edi- tion published in 1954 “to provide a brief, accurate and up- to-date presentation of those aspects of medical microbiology that are of particular significance to the fields of clinical infec- tions and chemotherapy.”
All chapters have been revised extensively, consistent with the tremendous expansion of medical knowledge afforded by molecular mechanisms, advances in our understanding of microbial pathogenesis, and the discovery of novel pathogens. Chapter 47, “Principles of Diagnostic Medical Microbiology,” and Chapter 48, “Cases and Clinical Correlations,” have been updated to reflect the current explosion in novel diagnostics over the last several years as well as new therapies in the treat- ment of infectious diseases.
National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases 7th Edition 2018- BEST MEDICAL BOOKS
- Trusted by nephrologists at all levels of experience for nearly 25 years, this powerful learning tool and clinical reference is a joint publication of Elsevier and the National Kidney Foundation.
- Thoroughly covers hot topics in this fast-changing field, including ongoing clinical research and changing treatment protocols.
- A new chapter on inherited kidney diseases, with a specific focus on APOL1 and the implications of APOL1 carrier status for kidney disease in African-Americans.
A new approach to membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis, focusing on the role of complement as a way to approach both the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.
Additions to the chapter on hemodialysis, specifically incorporating information on hemodiafiltration.
- Updates in the management of hypertension, incorporating results from SPRINT and ACCORD as well as data on treatment of renal artery sclerosis and renal denervation into the approach for blood pressure management.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
New to this edition are Steve Miller, MD, PhD, and Jeffery Hobden, PhD. Dr. Miller is the Medical Director of the University of California, San Francisco Clinical Microbiology Laboratory and Health Science Associate Professor of Clinical Labora- tory Medicine, UCSF, and he brings extensive expertise in virol- ogy. Dr. Hobden is an Associate Professor in the Department of Microbiology, Immunology, & Parasitology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, and his interest is in bacterial pathogens, especially Pseudomo- nas aeruginosa. We welcome their participation.
The authors hope that the changes to this edition will be helpful to the student of microbiology.