Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF Free Download
Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF Free Download we are going to share with you Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
“The third edition is an invaluable reference book for the novice perioperative nurse or surgical technologist. For someone studying for the CNOR, this is a tremendous resource book and study guide.”
–The AORN Journal, December 2008
This pocket guide presents more than 500 surgical procedures! State-of-the-art revisions familiarize the reader with new standards of excellence for care of the surgical patient in the perioperative environment.
For each procedure, you’ll find a definition
- description of the surgery
- preparation of the patient
- skin preparation
- draping technique
- and special notes pertinent to that surgery.
Comprehensive patient care is addressed, including psychological care of the patient in surgery
- safety measures for the patient and perioperative personnel
- the written record of intra-, pre- and postoperative care
- The Joint Commission’s Universal Protocol and AORN’s standards and recommended practices, (including correct site and laterality considerations).
Its in-depth coverage also encompasses charting as a legal document
- patient teaching
- detailed surgical patient positioning with drawings
- anesthesia and anesthetic agents
- laser application
- endoscopy (including laparoscopic, hysteroscopic, thoracoscopic, and arthroscopic procedures)
- microsurgery (including microendoscopy and microneuroendoscopy)
- harmonic scalpel
- argon beam coagulator
- special considerations for the pediatric patient in surgery, (including anesthesia modifications and surgical procedures).
Features of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- This guide was written for perioperative nurses, surgical technologists, and students in these disciplines.
- Features extensive coverage of minimal access surgery, including endoscopic procedures for multiple specialties, microsurgical techniques, and instrumentation for these procedures.
- Updates the section on anesthesia and anesthetic drugs.
- Describes equipment and instrument trays, including pediatric trays.
- Addresses the roles of the registered nurse and the surgical technologist in the perioperative environment.
- Provides charting/documentation of care to comply with medicolegal requirements.
- Includes a Surgical Assessment and Perioperative Checklist, and a Preoperative Care Plan adaptable to the individual patient, complete with areas that focus on nursing care and desired outcomes.
- Fits in a lab coat pocket for immediate reference.
- Offers a Bibliography that provides sources for additional reading, including websites.
Maxine A. Goldman BS RN (Author of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition )