Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicne Tenth Edition 10e 2018[PDF]
Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicne Tenth Edition 10e 2018
Have you finished reading Harrison’s when you were in Thrid Year ?? Is it too Early?? Yes ofcourse it’s too Early.but that’s ok .this book is Specifically made for 3rd Students as Well as for the Internal Medicine Residents to save the time during the Bedside rounds.this book is mainly focused on what we need to know in Internal Medicine.
Keypoints of Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicne Tenth Edition 10e
• Explanation: discuss the benefits and risks of taking and not-taking medication. Some patients will prefer not to be treated and, if the patient has capacity and understands the risks, such a decision should be respected.
• Problems: talk through the patient’s experience of their treatment—have they
suffered side effects which have prompted non-concordance?
• Expectations: discuss what they should expect from their treatment. This is im-
portant especially in the treatment of silent conditions where there is no symp-
tomatic benefi t, eg antihypertensive treatment.
• Capability: talk through the medication regimen with them and consider ways
to reduce its complexity.
• Reinforcement: reproduce your discussion in written form for the patient to takehome. Check how they are managing their medications when you next see them.